YOU MAY WANT TO FILE FOR RELIEF UNDER CHAPTER 13
IF YOU ARE IN ANY OF THESE SITUATIONS
• Served with foreclosure papers, or approaching a foreclosure sale date.
• Can't catch up on your home mortgage, but you can afford the regular monthly payments.
• Need to strip-off a 2nd mortgage, or remove a lien on your home.
• Not eligible for Ch 7 relief based upon your income or assets.
• IRS debts.
• Owe more on auto(s) or other possessions than their value.
• Harassment from debt collectors, creditors or lawyers.
• Own income (rented) property with mortgage debt more than current market & want to have a court reduce the amount owed, reduce the interest rate & reduce the regular payment.
There are also other situations in which your attorney may recommend filing Chapter 13 case is your best move.
Of course we will assist you in deciding whether you should consider filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, or avoiding bankruptcy filing. We will discuss the differences and how they might affect you, to assist you in reaching the best decision for your own situation.